Charley’s Taxi has provided transportation services to Hawaii since 1938. As a 3rd generation, woman-owned business, we are proud to be Hawaii’s premier transportation provider.
Our drivers receive the most thorough training of any transportation company in Hawaii, including
- Safe Driving classes, including training in a highly advanced driving simulator
- Taxi Talk in Japanese and Korean
- CPR and First Aid
- Sexual Harassment avoidance, Community Policing and multi-cultural protocols
- Body Mechanics and how to assist people with Special Needs (ADA compliance)
- Post-accident evaluation & counseling
- In addition, every driver has cleared Criminal Background Checks, INS work authorization, and military security.
That’s why we can take you places other companies can’t. We are the only taxi company authorized to pick you up right outside select domestic gates at Honolulu International Airport. We are also Oahu’s only taxi company cleared to drive you on and off military bases, like Hickam/Pearl Harbor, Schofield and Marine Corps Base Hawaii.
Request a driver and vehicle to suit your needs
Our high standards and technology enable us to offer something unique to Hawaii. When you call us to arrange a taxi you can request very specific attributes for both driver and vehicle. For example, you can ask for a Japanese-speaking driver with a minivan who is Tour-qualified. Or how about a VIP-qualified driver who speaks French? Please bear in mind that the more specific your request gets the fewer drivers will match. In that case it may take a bit longer to find and assign a driver.
Following is a list of attributes from which you can select:
Vehicle Attribute Options:
Luxury Town Car
Minivan (up to 6 passengers)
Wheelchair Accessible Van (WAV)*
Driver Attribute Options:
Female Passenger Requesting Female Driver
Best of all, your request will not cost any more than the standard meter rate, with these exceptions: SUVs, WAVs, and Limousines are subject to a $25-$35 surcharge on the standard meter rate.
We deploy the most advanced transportation technology you’ll find anywhere in the world. Our philosophy is to make booking a taxi as convenient, easy and simple as possible for everyone. We provide a range of straightforward booking options:
- Just call 233-3333. No matter how advanced our technology, you can always call us to request a taxi, whether you need it now or want to make a reservation.
- We offer Apple and Android Apps with which you can easily book a taxi to your current location, make a reservation, track the progress of your taxi on a live map, and receive important notifications with key information about your taxi.
- We offer two online booking options:
- For a quick Flat Rate reservation we have a simple booking form.
- For regular customers we recommend creating an account, which will also work with our App. With just a few clicks you can make and cancel reservations, make future bookings easier, store favorite places, review previous bookings, and optionally register a credit card to make payments even easier.
However you book a taxi, our system springs into action to send you a car quickly. And once you’re on your way with Charley’s Taxi our trained drivers and technology work together to make sure you receive the highest quality service:
- GPS Tracking. Our taxis are outfitted with a host of communications systems to ensure you go via the best route.
- Metered fares are calculated by a tamper proof system connected to the vehicle’s odometer.
- Payment options include cash, fast and secure credit card processing as well as Apple and Google contactless payments.
- All our taxis are equipped with cameras for your safety.
- If you should leave something behind, our tracking database will quickly find your taxi to return your valuables.
We employ this technology to reduce waiting times, ensure fast routing to your destination, provide fast in-car credit card payments, and enhance security for you and your valuables.
Community Leadership and Service
We believe strongly in the values of aloha. Since 1998 Charley’s Taxi has provided free transportation support for the Visitor Aloha Society of Hawaii (VASH). The organization’s mission is “to share aloha with visitors who have been victims of a crime or other adversities, and to provide follow-up assistance and support in an effort to create a positive memory of their stay in our islands.”
Trusted by Hawaii’s Visitor Industry
Thanks to many decades’ reputation for integrity, innovation and maintaining the highest standards of customer service, Charley’s Taxi is the trusted transportation partner for many of Hawaii’s visitor industry companies.
- Disney’s Aulani Resort
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- International Market Place
- Waikele Premium Outlets
- Pleasant Holidays
- Mary Charles & Associates
- Japan Airlines
- Japan Travel Bureau