SERVICE WITH ALOHA
Charley’s Taxi has provided transportation services to Hawaii since 1938. As a 3rd generation, woman-owned business, we are proud to be Hawaii’s premier transportation provider. For more information about our standards for safety, customer service, and cleanliness, please visit our About Us page.
The majority of our fleet consists of late model minivans. We also offer SUVs, Limousines, Sprinter vans, and motor coaches — but no compact cars. Minivans, SUVs, and Sprinters are less than 5 years old. No matter which vehicle type you ride in, all are inspected regularly for both safety and cleanliness. For your convenience, all vehicles are equipped with fast and secure credit card terminals which accept contactless payment.
FEES AND TAXES
Many transportation companies impose fees that we don’t believe in. Here are some examples of fees that you won’t see with Charley’s Taxi:
- NO surge pricing, EVER!
- No “Booking Fee” ($1.50)
- No “Safe Ride Fee” ($1.50)
- No “Late Fee” ($5 after 2 minutes)
- No “No-Show Fee” ($5 after 5 minutes)
- No “Credit Card Fee” ($3.00)
- No “Mandatory Tip” (20%)
Seniors, military, people with special needs, and all Emergency Responders get a 15% discount on the meter rate. Discount does not apply to Flat Rates.
Charley’s Taxi does pass on:
- Parking fees. For example, at hospitals, businesses, and the airport,
- City and State “Destination” taxes. For example, at Aloha Stadium, Pali Lookout, Moanalua Gardens, Diamond Head.
- Airport Pick-up Tax (for pick-up service only): 7% State tax is added to the final* meter or flat rate fares.
- State General excise tax: 4.712%.
- Passengers who damage or soil the taxi will be responsible for a $200-350 cleaning fee.
* “final fare” means the meter fare after discounts are applied for military, seniors, persons with special needs. ID Is required for military and senior (65+) discounts. Discounts are not applicable to flat rate