Charley’s Taxi has implemented enhanced protocols to ensure the safety of our passengers, drivers, greeters, dispatchers, concierges, and communities. We are monitoring the guidance of the CDC regarding the spread of the virus.
Here’s an overview of what we’re doing:
Drivers and vehicles:
- Before and after each ride: Thorough cleaning of interior and exterior passenger touch points such as door handles, seat belts, doors, windows and other nonporous surfaces.
- Driving with windows down (except when raining) rather than use air conditioning to avoid creating an enclosed space.
- Ventilating taxis for at least five minutes between rides.
- Drivers wear cloth gloves to handle any passenger items such as luggage, packages, and grocery bags.
- Requiring drivers who have a fever or feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers.
- Drivers wear face masks and keep extra masks in a sealed bag.
- Requiring passengers to wear a mask.
- Closing front seat and asking passengers to sit as far back in the taxi as possible.
- Limiting minivan capacity to four passengers.
For more details, please consult the CDC’s driver for hire guidelines.
Consumer Reports has a really good guide to correctly wearing a cloth mask, check it out: